Catie is a Nurse Practitioner in Women’s Health, Registered Nurse & Midwife, Maternal Child Health Nurse
- Masters in Women’s Health
- Graduate Diploma Child & Family Health Nursing
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment
- Professional Certificate in Pharmacology
- Post Graduate in Women’s Health – Key Centre of Women’s Health
- Midwifery Training
- Infectious Diseases Certificate
- General Nursing Training
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Member of Australian Nursing Midwifery Federation
- Member of Australian Nurse Practitioner Association
- Member of International Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse Network
- Member of Australian College of Midwives
- Member of Victorian Association Maternal Child Health Nursing (VAMCHN)
- Member Maternal Child Health Nurse Victoria (MCHN Vic)
NURSE PRACTITIONER –NP (Women’s Health)
The Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner (NP) involves gynecological assessment of women and educating of health concerns.The age group can vary from 18 years to 75 years old. The NP provides continued primary care management for women with ongoing health care needs including uncomplicated genital tract infection, low grad cervical cytology abnormalities atrophic vaginitis, incontinence and sexual dysfunction
Clinical assessment includes pelvic and breast examination, history taking and assessing the disease risk for symptomatic women followed by initiation of specified diagnostic testing, medication prescription and specialist referrals.
Such diagnostic test includes; transvaginal ultrasound, bone densitometry, breast imaging, genital swabs, serology, cervical screening, haematology and biochemistry investigations.
Referrals to gynecological specialists within public hospitals. The NP is able to prescribe of a number of medications therapies.These medication recommendations are part of the drug formulary approved by Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA).